Pages

7.13.2008

oh those bbq days of summer

saturday we had a client bbq at roosevelt park. it was really nice minus that part when the grill almost blew up. it was a gorgeous day out, and i wore my new fave orange summer dress.
then that afternoon we headed over to reena's in santa fe for her bbq! it was really fun, and i made queso and peanut butter pie. anna and zak came too, and we enjoyed my sister's newly landscaped yard. and her silly dogs. mike made the best potato salad i have EVER had- russet potatoes, blue cheese, chives, buttermilk, bacon. . . HEAVEN. another guest made ambrosia salad, which consists of some variation of cool whip, a chocolate/toffee bar, and fruit. yumm!! today we saw hellboy, which was visually awesome and SO del toro!! and then i went to the mall. i am extremely happy about my purchases! i spent about $80 and got pants, 2 skirts, 2 tops, a pair of yellow suede flats, and 4 pairs of earrings!! i REALLY needed some more work gear, i'm getting pretty sick of panicking every morning as i pick clothes up off the floor and desperately try to get dog hair off them. i also got my favorite meal of an auntie anne's pretzel and boba tea.
an interesting fact i learned this week: the bite of a brown recluse basically eats away your flesh. brown recluse= evil.
another interesting fact: roaches in jamaica are huge, red, fly, and land on people. jamaica= evil. also evil for the rampant homophobia.

looking forward to my 4th week of work tomorrow! xoxo

2 comments:

Courtney Trowbridge said...

Yay props to liking your new job!!

You should totally tell me all the ingredients in that potato salad because it sound UNBELIEVABLY amazing. Tell me in your email back to meee!

Cynical Nymph said...

Yes, whenever we visited my Nana up near the Helen/Cleveland GA area, my dad for some reason felt it necessary to remind me about that lovely feature of recluse venom. In case I... I dunno... wandered into a random barn? In the mountains?

Also, DID YOU TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR FOOD? STILL WAITING FOR A POST, MISSY!